Statement of Policy
ALUMINIUM SPECIALTIES GROUP PTY LTD. (ABN 63 001 252 259) and its ASSOCIATED AND RELATED COMPANIES ("Alspec") are committed to the privacy of all our customers and business contacts and suppliers and is committed to safeguarding any personal information provided to us.
- Our Policy is to comply with the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) for the fair handling of personal information as set out in the Privacy Act, 1988 (as amended).
3 Alspec Place, Eastern Creek NSW 2766
Phone: 02 9834 9500 | Fax: 02 9834 9555
- What sort of personal information does Alspec collect and how does Alspec collect it?
- Why does Alspec collect personal information and what happens if you do not provide the information?
- How is your personal information used by Alspec and will it be given to anyone else?
- Who does Alspec disclose personal information to?
- How will Alspec keep your personal information secure?
- Access and correction
- Transborder Data Flows
- Sensitive Information and how to contact our Privacy Officer
1. WHAT SORT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES ALSPEC COLLECT AND HOW DOES ALSPEC COLLECT IT?
When you transact business with Alspec, we collect information about you in many different ways âï¿½ï¿½ this includes your name, address and telephone number and other contact details. We collect it when you place orders or communicate with us either over the counter, by telephone, fax or email or when you complete an Application for Commercial Credit or supply Personal Guarantee documents. We may also:
- Obtain information by doing searches from publicly available records and public databases, such as Australian Securities and Investment Commission records, Baycorp and other Credit Reporting Agencies.
- Alspec from time to time collects information when it uses independent contractors (e.g. from recruitment agencies, when it makes enquiries about prospective employees), when it employs or deals with third parties, when it uses various service providers to its business including consultants, accountants & auditors and solicitors.
2. WHY DOES ALSPEC COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION AND WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE THE INFORMATION?
Where it is lawful and practicable to do so, you may transact business with Alspec without providing personal information. However if we do not collect personal information about you at the point of sale we will not be able to contact you should the need arise e.g. to advise you of any changes to our product lines or in the event of a product recall. If you do not provide the personal information requested we may not be able to transact business with you and we may not be able to consider any Application for Commercial Credit or any other requests made of us.
3. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION USED BY ALSPEC AND WILL IT BE GIVEN TO ANYONE ELSE?
- Alspec will use the information in the ordinary course of carrying out its business.
- Alspec also uses the personal information for marketing and research purposes, and to send you information, (either by e-mail, post, fax or telephone), that you may request. This information may be in respect of our product lines or in respect of our business generally. If you do not want to receive such information, or have your information so used, please contact our Privacy Officer at the address below.
- The Alspec Credit Department has well-documented detailed procedures, which are compliant with the NPPs, in managing personal information relating to the administration of customer accounts. Compliance to these procedures is monitored on an ongoing basis.
4. WHO DOES ALSPEC DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO?
- Alspec will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise supply personal information about you to or with third parties. However, in the normal course of its business Alspec may disclose personal information to its associated and related companies.
- Alspec may also disclose personal information to contractors, service providers, insurance companies or brokers (e.g. to obtain workcover insurance) other credit providers, whether or not your account is overdue and, if necessary, our risk insurers, debt collectors and credit reporting agencies.
5. HOW WILL ALSPEC KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
Alspec maintains sophisticated Information Technology systems to keep its customer, goods and service providers and employee data on masterfiles. Alspec has security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of the information under its control. Alspec employees are required, as a condition of their employment, to treat personal information held by Alspec as confidential and to maintain the confidentiality of that personal information.
Other security measures include:
- Restricted access to personal information
- IT policies and procedures in relation to e-mail and internet usage
- Archiving in accordance with industry practice and relevant laws
- Confidentiality policy and practices
6. ACCESS AND CORRECTION
- Under the Privacy Act, 1988, (as amended), you have a right to seek access to personal information which Alspec holds about you. You also have the right to ask us to correct information about you which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
- You may gain access to Information that Alspec has collected about you, by contacting our Privacy Officer. Ordinarily, Alspec will not charge you for the cost of providing this type of access to these records, however, if we do propose to charge you we will advise you of the relevant charge before we provide you with access.
- Alspec's policy is to consider any access for correction within ten (10) days of the request and Alspec will review information on its databases at regular intervals to ensure all information kept is up to date.
7. TRANSBORDER DATA FLOWS
Alspec may pass on personal information outside Australia in circumstances where:
- The person consents
- The transfer is for the benefit of the person
- The transfer is for the performance of a contract between Alspec and the person
- Alspec believes that the recipient of the information is required to comply with privacy standards that are similar to the NPPs in the Commonwealth scheme.
8. SENSITIVE INFORMATION AND HOW TO CONTACT OUR PRIVACY OFFICER
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information. It is information or opinions about you that in most cases can only be disclosed with your consent. ALSPEC will not collect sensitive information from a person without the explicit consent of that person except:
- if the collection of that information is necessary to prevent or lessen an imminent threat to the life or health of a person.
- it is required by law.
Our Privacy Officer details are as follows:
3 ALSPEC Place, Eastern Creek NSW 2766
Phone: 02 9834 9500 | Fax: 02 9834 9555